Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Month: Nail Polish

I love nail polish!

I used to hate it. I would get a manicure and within a few days my nails would chip. I would tell myself to take it off as soon as I got home, but then...something would happen, and I would forget. I would walk around with semi painted fingers for a week or two and promise myself that I would NOT get them painted again, only to return to the nail salon a few weeks later asking for a manicure.

Well, all that has changed since I have decided to paint my own fingernails.

I love walking the makeup isles of Target or CVS looking at the beautiful colors and reading their names, and grabbing one that matches my mood.

Don't they have the most unique names? Pump up the Jam, Feisty, Sand in My Swimsuit. Love it!

I enjoy the guilty pleasure of relaxing on the couch and painting my own fingernails. There is something about it that is so calming to me. Plus, once they are wet, I cannot get off the couch until they are dry! I just hang out and read, watch tv or talk with Wick.

I have come to changing my polish at least once a week. This way I (usually) have pretty polish on ALL of my fingers for the whole week.

As of now, I do not have a favorite brand, but I will let you know if I find one that blows the socks off of the rest.

I am smiling now as I think about what my next color will be...

2 comments:

Alix Allocco said...

Try Shellac??? I get it for my mani's and it last for 2-3 weeks. I LOVE it and since it's love month, give it a try! :) xoxo

Alix Allocco said...

Favorite polish color name "we'll always have Paris"