Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Month: Date Days

Every once in a while Wick and I will have a “date day.” We like to plan a day where it is just the two of us. We think of relaxing, fun activities to do and plan a whole day based around them. Sometimes it is staying in and watching movies as we snuggle or other times it is being outside wondering around town. Yesterday was one of our “date days” and it was perfect!

1 2

We slept in then laid in bed talking about how excited we were for our special “date day.” We finally dragged ourselves out of bed and headed over to Parker and Otis for brunch. I love looking at all of the nick knacks as we wait for our food. I got their #1: Open-faced egg sandwich on whole wheat toast with two eggs any style, cheddar, tomato and mixed greens. It was delicious as always.

3

From there we headed to East Campus to walk around the trail. It was a great day out and the trail was full of walkers and runners. I love to walk by some of the houses on Buchanan Blvd. and pretend that we live in them.

4

After our walk, we headed back to our place to relax on the couch and watch a movie. Redbox had delivered Extraordinary Measures on Friday, so we decided to watch it. Talk about a tear jerker. I cried numerous times throughout the movie! I would definitely recommend it, but have your box of tissues close by as you do.

5

Next we got ready and headed to Raleigh for our massage. It was amazingly relaxing. My masseuse was wonderful and focused on my back and feet. L.O.V.E.D. it! On our way home my stomach was growling as I started thinking about the yummy dinner ahead.

6

For dinner we headed to 604 West. The ambiance there was perfect for our nice, intimate chat. I love having time with just the hubby where we talk about any and everything we can think of. I also need to mention that the food was delicious. I got the filet mignon and it was divine. I love a good steak, but I honestly cannot tell you the last time I ate one. Last but not lease, we ordered crème brulee…yummy! It is by far my favorite dessert.

With our bellies full, we decided to call it a night and head back home. It was one of my favorite days with Wick. I just love spending quality “date days” with just the two of us. Love him!

No comments: