Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Month: My Mom

I kept my most special post of love month for Valentine’s Day. Today’s post is dedicated to my MOMMA!

I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is such a beautiful woman with a heart of gold. She always puts others in front of herself and goes above and beyond to help others in need. She is the true rock in our family, and I am so thankful for her strength and support. She inspires me to be the best person I can be. She is always patient with me and listens to my stories (no matter how lame or mundane they may be). She has a wonderful way of making everyone feel special and loved. She always knows when to call, text, or write an email.

I have always thought she was amazing (even when I was being a rotten tween and teen pushing the card WAY too far at times). She was always did a wonderful job of letting me knowthat she loved me and would be there for me, even though she could be “strict.” As I look back on it now, I fully understand why I got grounded, was not able to do everything, or get everything that I wanted. I know that this lead me to be a better person.

One of my favorite qualities of my mom (there are sooo many it is hard to narrow it down to just one) is how wonderful of a party planner/hostess she is. She loves to entertain and wants to make sure everyone is having a great time. She makes everyone feel at home and there is no way anyone has left her house hungry! Not to mention, she is also wonderful at dancing and karaoke.

I was so very fortunate to go on atrip to Europe with her this summer. It was by far the best trip I have been on in my life. We had a great time bonding as we spent time together in the beautiful, quaint streets of Vienna, Prague, Bratislava, and Budapest. We would share countless hours walking, eating, chatting, drinkingwine, and just being together. I often think about how lucky I was that she invited me to go on this trip with her. This trip contains some of my favorite memories and I reminisce about it often.

I hope one day I can be half the mother that she is to me.

Love you momma! Can’t wait to see you in three months!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love this post. You and your mom have such an amazing relationship. So special to read this.