Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome President Obama!

Today was a HUGE day in America's history.

"On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord."
-President Obama

There are many reasons I will always remember this day:
-the first African American President gave his oath of office
-the first time I wanted to watch the whole inauguration because I believed in true change for our country
-the first time I was moved enough to cry (yes in front of the 19 kids in my class) as I watched a President's promise to our country
-the first time I felt a President could relate to my generation
-the first time I felt our country was ready and capable of true change
I'm looking forward to watching the positive change that will come in the next 4 (or 8) years.

No comments: