Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sewing Class

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to learn a new hobby. For the past few years, I have wanted to learn to sew, but it has always intimidated me. In September, I took a 3 hour introduction to sewing class at JoAnn's Fabrics, but I never did anything beyond that.
Tonight that changed...I took my first real class, and actually created an apron. It was GREAT! I was nervous and excited as I drove to the class because I thought that everyone else would know more than me. Luckily, I was the only one in the class! The instructor was able to give me one-on-one attention, which I absolutely needed. Most importantly, I was able to gain some confidence about sewing. Here is my apron:


Hopefully I will be posting some other sewing creations throughout the year.

2 comments:

Paris Bucklew said...

That is too cute Amy! Love the new apron. I am so impressed.

Alix Allocco said...

Your did a great job. It looks great. It is so fun creating things. :)