Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Waking up to see the fog in the sky and to feel the crisp air, I could not wait to start the day! We took Maple on a long walk around Clayton to enjoy the fall weather, and to make us feel better when we ate a ton of food.
Once we came back, we made guacamole and salad to bring to Thanksgiving dinner at the LaSala's. I made the yummy red pear salad that Paris brought to Cooking Club; it was a hit. From there, we put up the Christmas lights...well, Chad actually did, but I made sure the lights were working before he hung them. I love watching him hang the lights. He takes this job very seriously and makes sure that each strand is in place. I love having the lights up on our house. I cannot wait to drive around at night and see all of the houses decorated for Christmas.
After the lights, we got ready and headed down to the LaSala's for Thanksgiving. THis was the first year my family celebrated Thanksgiving with Chad's family. We all had a wonderful time eating, talking and sharing funny stories. I am so thankful that my parents and the LaSala's enjoy each other's company; it makes holidays sooo special to have both families together.
Mindy did a wonderful job making too much yummy food and decorating the house! She has a ton of pumpkins that made the house truly feel like it was Thanksgiving. I only wish that I had taken more pictures!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

No comments: