Sunday, November 30, 2008

Flashback of Hillside Inn

We got to North Carolina late Friday night. After getting our bags and our rental car, we headed to our hotel ready for a good night sleep.

As always, we got lost on the way to the hotel. For some reason, this happens to us on EVERY trip we take. I thank our lucky stars for the iphone. But as our "direction skills" go, we still got lost, even with its help. Next time we will rent a GPS with the car.

Once we finally made it down the dark, scary street to our hotel, the front door was locked. We rang the buzzer multiple times with no response. I finally called the hotel to tell them we were outside. A nice woman with half her teeth (if even that many) answered the door. She checked us in and gave us our room key. I knew it was not my type of place, but I tried to be as optimistic as possible.

As we brought our items into the hotel, I almost passed out due to the amount of smoke in the air. We made it into our room, and I almost died. I wished I was almost anywhere else. Since it was after 1, and I knew we would get lost if we tried to go to another hotel, so I sacked it up and decided to stay for one night.

It was a long night. I might have slept for a total of 4 to 7 minutes. There were multiple high school parties going on. I tried to call the front desk, but no one answered. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

First thing in the morning, we changed hotels (yes, we did get lost on the way to the new hotel). I am so happy with our new hotel! It has clean air, sanitary beds, internet access, and many other ideal items I never thought I would need to wish for in a hotel. Most importantly, we (meaning me) feel a lot safer in the new hotel!!

Through out the time, Chad just continued to say, "I'm so glad you're the one who booked the room."

P.S. The rest of our trip has been a blast. I will blog about it later...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Not sure how you made it thru the night?? Glad your new place is clean and safe :) Have a fun trip!

Paris Bucklew said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip. I never even knew you were leaving until that week. Maybe I don't listen when you talk???

Heather said...

Memories of Hillside Inn?
SCARY!
I'm proud that you lasted the whole night there, but maybe you should have just joined the highschool party and raged all night. Can't wait to see all your pics and hear all about the trip.