Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CMA Awards

Being such a huge country fan, I was so excited that the CMA Awards (Country Music Association - for those of you who do not know) were on tonight. There were so many wonderful performances; it just kept on getting better.
I just about jumped up and down on the couch when Brad Paisley announced that one of my favorite songs ("Just Got Started Loving You" by James Otto) was going to be played (WOOHOO!). I turned up the volume on the TV in anticipation. "This is the best," I thought to myself as I closed my eyes to take in the first few words. As soon as I opened my eyes, my jaw just about hit the floor (and not in a good way). This song is pretty steamy, so I have always pictured a steamy man singing it (think my husband or McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy), but no - the exact opposite... Here is the "steamy" singer... I hope this image does not pop into my head every time I hear this great song. Maybe I can talk Chad into making a lip sync video of it for me so I can replace the image in my head.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny!! I made the same comment to Joe when that song came on and we had a discussion about about him at lunch today. So not what I pictured either.

Alix Allocco said...

your soo funny!!