Saturday, September 20, 2008

Catching Up With The Girls

I had a wonderful time with my girlfriends this week. I am so lucky to have moved back to my home town after college to reconnect with a bunch of my great friends from high school. We have put together a couple of "clubs," which are truly just good excuses for us to get together and hang out. I always look forward to going to these events because I know we will all have a blast.

On Monday night, Cooking club got together to end season two and kick off season three. We went out to dinner at the San Franciscian in Walnut Creek. Due to busy summer schedules, Cooking Club was put on stand-by for the last two months. We all wanted to catch up and hear what was new with everyone, so we had a candle passing (yes, I am serious) to share what is new in our lives. Although we loved it, I am not sure what the other patrons were thinking of us.

On Thursday, a few of us got together for a walk. We walked along the Iron Horse Trail (occasionally staring into some fancy backyards). The weather was wonderful which made it a great night for walking. Alix gave a zoology lesson as she taught us new facts about ducks, Jen and Maddie taught us some new Wiggle songs, and Melissa told us about her amazing trip to Croatia. After the walk, we headed back to Jen's to chat more and watch Maddie (so cute) play in the sandbox.

P.S. Thank you Jen for the NUGO bars. You never disappoint. Chad and I love the coffee flavor!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you like the NuGo! And Maddie's monkey songs :) We will have to do the walking again.

Alix Allocco said...

Loved catching up.....I had a lot of fun at both events!!