Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Snow!

The first weekend in December, we had our first dusting of snow. It was a truly magical day! Chad and I laid on the couch with the Christmas lights on, watched Christmas movies and drank hot chocolate. It was such a perfect day. It really got me excited for the Christmas holiday.
As you can see, I was really excited for the snow, but Chad was not as interested in taking pictures...
It only snowed a few times last year, in Durham, but I loved it. I had never had a "Snow Day" in California. I was lucky enough to have three consecutive days off; it was such a wonderful surprise. The funny thing was that the snow was not that bad, maybe just a few inches. Unfortunately the town is not equipped to handle the snow, so the schools close down.
I was hoping for snow this year, and I've been a little lucky so far. Last week, I missed one day of school due to the snow. Apparently the Head of School does not like to close down the school for snow days, so I was soooo happy we lucked out! It is such a wonderful feeling to wake up in the morning and check your email to find out that school is closed for the day. I hope we have a few more. :)
Wondering what I did on my last snow day? Well, I scrubbed the shower, cleaned out ALL of my drawers and cabinets, rearranged my closet, cleaned our apartment, did laundry, went grocery shopping, did a little holiday shopping, and made some yummy enchiladas for dinner. I think I was a little too excited to have an "extra" day!

I can't wait for our next snow day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: