Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recently

It's been a while since I've blogged. I wish I had some great excuse like we've been traveling through Europe, but in reality, we've just been busy with daily life.
Fortunately we have been able to schedule some fun times. Here are some of the fun adventures that we've been up to:
Friday night we headed up to Salt Point for Kirk's birthday camping trip. Driving up 1 is so beautiful, but I am always so scared driving along the coast. The campsite was gorgeous. We had a good time playing horseshoes, beer pong, sitting by the fire, and telling stories. It was great to camp on the coast with the LaSala kids and Kirk's friends.
Wick and meDon't mind the cheesy pose! If you look in the background, behind the trees, you can see the ocean. Dayna. I just love this picture (yes, she is mocking my pose).

Kirk, Lo and Brent super enthusiastic about camping. The Crew. I'll photo shop the picture later so you can see it better.
Saturday Chad and I headed to Napa. Since I wasn't too excited to be heading south on 1 for very long, we cut through Jenner and drove through the Russian River. It was a gorgeous drive. We saw the coast, river, forest, and wine country.
We stayed at the Silverado; probably our favorite hotel in Napa. The grounds are beautiful, the spa is lovely and the rooms are super cute. Saturday we just went to downtown Napa and shopped. Sunday we hit up a couple of wineries. I think my favorite was Rombauer (I LOVE their Chardonnay). We had lunch at Vi Sattui on the grass. It is always fun trying new wines and talking to the winetender (what do you call them? I could only think of bartender, but I knew that wasn't right).
Grounds at Silverado.

A few weekends ago, my school had an auction. It was very fun to hang out with my teacher friends somewhere other than the lunch room. These are amazing women and I am so lucky to teach with them!

Emily, me, Danielle, and Briannon
Well there's more, but at least this was a good start! I'll be back soon to fill you in on some of the other events.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like some fun activities. Camping looked so fun. Love your pose, reminds me of some of my poses.

Paris Bucklew said...

I was wondering where you've been! The Rombauer Chardonnay is my favorite too. It's also known as "Danville Crack" apparently. We missed you at Cooking Club last week. xoxo