Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

I am a huge believer in random acts of kindness. These acts can be large or small. I think it is so nice to pay for the bridge toll of the car behind you, let a person cut in front of you at the grocery store if they only have a few items...you get the point. I try to display acts of kindness as often as possible because I know it will positively impact someone else's day.


Well, on Sunday Chad and I were out doing errands and I noticed that I was running low on gas, so I stopped by a gas station in Concord. It was one of those gas stations where you go to an automated booth to pay for your gas. I put in my check card and all the necessary information. After I was done, I noticed it told me to begin to fuel up at pump one. Since I was at pump two, I hit cancel and started the process all over again (this time indicating that I was at pump two). I filled up my tank and we headed about our day.


Yesterday, I checked our online banking, and noticed that I had TWO charges to the gas station! Apparently me hitting cancel did no good! Without even realizing it, I filled up the tank for the man next to me!!! Apparently this was my random act of kindness...


1 comment:

Alix Allocco said...

OMG....With gas prices where they are, this was quite the accidental act of kindness,

a